Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Protein Pineapple Upside Down Cake

I've been having a lot of fun lately experimenting with different ingredients for protein mug cake recipes. Last night was my best mug cake yet. I give you...

Protein Pineapple Upside Down Cake!

You will need:
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Perfect Fit)
- 1/2 of a banana
- splash of almond milk
- 1 tbsp crushed pineapple (canned)
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 packet truvia (optional)

In a bowl, mash up the banana with a splash of almond milk. Add in all the other ingredients and mix. Pour into a greased mug (I sprayed with canola oil) and cook in the microwave for 1:30. If it needs to cook more, add another 30 seconds. I topped mine with greek yogurt, more pineapple, and an extra sprinkle of coconut flakes. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment