Sunday, February 23, 2014

"I want to lose weight but don't want to lose my boobs."


Since my freshman year of college, one of the top fitness concerns I’ve heard from women is, “I want to lose weight but I don’t want to lose my boobs.” When girls say that to my face, I must resist the urge not to roll my eyes, gaze down at my 32 A chest, and give a stank face.

Do people really want to give up being healthy… for big boobs?

May I educate you on the female anatomy for a hot sec? Boobs are made up of breast tissue and fat. Some women have more breast tissue than others, therefore those women with more breast tissue will maintain a bigger cup size whilst losing weight.

So if your cup size goes down, maybe… just maybe… you weren’t meant to have big boobs. And I feel your pain. I went down two cup sizes since high school, but now I see how healthy and in shape my body is, and I feel proportional to my figure.

And if you have big boobs, like really big boobs, I wouldn’t worry about it. Ya still gonna have some mighty fine knockers after you lose weight.

The same goes for butts! I will admit I was so scared of losing my booty as I lost weight. My badonk-a-donk has always made up for what I lack up top! And while it did get smaller (sad face), it’s gotten perkier, tighter, and rounder. That’s doesn’t sound bad to me! I’m learning there’s a difference between a nice butt and a big butt! And you can also have a little of both.

Basically, I want to see less women being concerned about losing their boobs and butt and more concerned about maintaining a healthy lifestyle. When you live healthy your heart is stronger, your hair is shinier, your skin is clearer, your energy is higher, and you feel happier (endorphins!)… do you really want to trade all that in for some boobs and ass… so some disgusting man can whistle at you on the street?

I hope no one thinks I’m body bashing or thinks I’m speaking out of jealousy. I mean YEAH I’m jealous of all you gals with bigger boobs. That’s why I have this piggy bank…


I just want you to be more mindful about what’s good for you. I think every body is a beautiful body. I just would like to see more women taking care of themselves and caring less about their… assets.  And while there isn’t a workout or a serum to make your boobs larger, there are plenty of exercises you can do for perkier boobs and a rounder booty!

Here are some good ones:

Ta-ta Workouts

-push-ups
-planks
-pectoral flys
-lateral shoulder raises
-chest presses

Donk Workouts

-       --dumbbell dead lifts
-        -lunges/ walking lunges/ side lunges / curtsy lunges
-       -squats/ wide legged squats/ jump squats
-       -Stairmaster (my fav!)

So go workout! And remember that no matter what: you are beautiful :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Gabby Farah. Your article is very useful. You have given best reasons why one should opt weight loss process. I would like to add that by exercising and controlling the diet one can easily lose weight. All is needed is motivation.

    Regards,
    Mantis Hugo
    Supplier of Pure Acai Berry Juice

    ReplyDelete