Monday, January 27, 2014

Music Monday and Keeping Hanger at Bay

The most hated day of the week is here and you all probably woke up to an Instagram feed filled with ecards about how Mondays suck. As for me, I slept in until 9:30 because my internship won't start until Thursday.

I've noticed in the past though that my hanger tends to be worst on a Monday, or maybe I'm just actually angry that it's Monday. But if I don't have a small meal every 2-3 hours... baby-dinosaur-hangry-Gabby comes out (Yeah, my little sister calls me a baby dinosaur when I'm hangry. Ain't she sweet? Hi Christina if you're reading this. It's actually a cute nickname.)

So I woke up much later than I normally would on a weekday, because usually if I have something like interning, I'm up at 5 am and I aim to be at the gym by 5:30 to get in a 30 minute cardio session. If I'm doing an opening shift at the Disney Store, I'm up between 6:30 and 7.

Well I woke up at 9:30 and I was ravenous, but too lazy to cook my usual protein pancake, so I turned to my favorite lazy girl breakfast: instant oatmeal. But not just ANY instant oatmeal. Trader Joe's Multigrain Triple Berry Oatmeal with Flax & Chia Seeds. Dang, that's a mouthful! But man, you haven't had oatmeal until you've tried this oatmeal. So I downed a bowl of that baby, had my usual cup of coffee, and my Tone It Up Bombshell Spell, an apple cider metabolism boosting drink, to start my day. Hanger was successfully avoided, and after about an hour of digesting and chores... it was off to the gym!



I get bored REALLY EASILY on a treadmill and I usually run outside to avoid said boredom, but uhhhh we're kinda in a Polar Vortex that not even my Lululemon fleece lined leggings can save. And yes, those leggings are as awesome as they sound. To avoid treadmill boredom I need an exciting playlist that I have to update every week, sometimes twice a week. And I need something with high BPM, or Beats Per Minute. No, I don't actually work out to only show tunes like most people think I do. Just sometimes... and when I do it's Bring It On because I envision all those equity abs those cheerleaders had in that musical.

So let's do this thing where every Monday I let you know what music I'm listening to... and we'll call it Music Monday! GET IT?! Man... aren't I the MOST creative? Wowie kazowie. This week's playlist is consisting of:

1. Most Girls - Pink (Can't Take Me Home)
Yes, this is old school. Like circa 1997. You'll notice I listen to a lot of old school music because the 90s knew what was up. This song is downright INSPIRING! Ladies, you don't need a G to take care of you. Also Pink is rocking a hard body and kickboxing in this video while some buff dude plays a cello. Clearly, it's a workout song.



2. Partition- Beyonce (BEYONCE)
Our girl Yonce dropped this album overnight while I was asleep and I had a serious case of FOMO, but it was such a great present to wake up to. The first time I listened to this song I was like, "Yo. When did Bey get so dirty? I like it." If you haven't heard this song yet, brace yourself. The beat is dirty, as are the lyrics. My favorite part is "He Monica Lewinsky-ed all on my gown." Yep.





3. Something That I Want - Grace Potter (Tangled Sountrack) (HA of course)
So I don't normally workout to Disney music either, but obviously I make an exception for Tangled because it's my favorite and this song has the perfect BPM for running fast and sprinting. Plus it's really friggin catchy.

4. Trouble - Neon Jungle (Trouble EP)
If you watched the VS Fashion Show, this song was used in the really fun part of the show where the PINK collection comes out and everything is bright and colorful. This song SCREAMS cardio.

5. FU - Miley Cyrus feat. French Montana (Bangerz)
One word. Miley. This song needs no other explanation. Miley is my girl. She's just kinda having a Britney circa 2007 moment.


6. Toxic - Britney Spears (In the Zone)
I told you I like throw backs. Perrrrrrrrfect for cardio. Just take a gander at how HOT Britney is in this video. That's fitspo right there.


7. When I Get You Alone - Robin Thicke (When I Get You Alone)
Unlike most people, I'm actually NOT sick of Blurred Lines. I hear that song and I suddenly feel intoxicated and like it's summertime at Boardy Barn. However, I needed to change it up with a Thicke throw back. Have you seen the Glee cover of this? Oh, Darren Criss. Marry me. I actually use both the original and the Glee cover in my cardio.


8. S&M - Rihanna (Loud)
I used to use this song in my Zumba class and I'm just still not sick of it. Though every time I play it I think of a cast party I had in my apartment junior year. It's because of this song and a bunch of theatre people singing at the top of our lungs that the cops showed up and I had to go to court for a noise complaint. That's a story for another day.


9. Stronger - Britney Spears (Oops!...I Did It Again)
Oh man, another Britney throw back. SHOCKAAAA. This is common because I love Britney. This is great when you have a little anger at your stupid ass ex. And just great in general.


10. Dark Horse - Katy Perry feat. Juicy J (Prism)
This song has been on repeat ALL WEEK. There's a part where you can't help but shoulder dance, and I'm so excited Katy acknowledged the shoulder dance in her choreography at the Grammy's last night. Also, Katy Perry is clearly the next supreme.

There you have it! My current favorite, heart pumping tunes! I'm hoping to go to kickboxing tonight, which means after I'm going to crave a protein mug cake! Check back tomorrow to see if there's a new recipe :)

2 comments:

  1. do you make your bombshell just as the recipe says? I have only tried the meta-d and did not like the way it tasted. guess I will have to try the bombshell. because it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Meta-D is a little hard to swallow, I know :/ When I have meta-d I usually have it as a shot and get it over with. Sometimes I make the recipe as it says, but sometimes I just use the pineapple juice and ACV because I think it's sweet enough without the other ingredients :)

      Delete