Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Cinnabon Protein Pancakes!

The second I opened my eyes this morning, I craved cinnamon sugar. I didn't care how I got it: donut, munchkin, on toast, in a cinnamon bun... I had to have it. Don't really know where this craving came from and why I had a craving for something so sweet first thing in the morning, but I knew it must be stopped. Then I had an idea...

CINNABON PROTEIN PANCAKES!

It kinda went like this in my mind...


But with me saying, "Cinnabon Protein Pancake"

(I think I'm so funny)

I used Karena and Katrina's Perfect Fit Protein Pancake as the base for this recipe and then made the cinnabon topping myself.

For pancakes you will need:
- 1/2 of a banana
- splash of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- a few shakes of cinnamon
- 1 scoop vanilla Perfect Fit Protein (or vanilla protein of your choice. I think Perfect Fit or vegan protein powders are the best consistency for protein pancakes)

For Cinnabon Topping
- Coconut Butter (found mine at Whole Foods. Important you use coconut butter and not coconut oil!)
- Truvia or Truvia Baking Blend (I used the baking blend)
- cinnamon


Coconut Butter (not oil!)

 Truvia Baking Blend & Cinnamon


To make the pancakes (this recipe can be found also at ToneItUp.com):
Mash the 1/2 banana in a bowl with the almond milk. You can do this with a fork, I use a potato masher. Add the egg whites, cinnamon, and protein and mix well.

Heat a griddle or pan on your stove with low heat. Spray the pan with canola oil. It cooks just like a regular pancake! Pour the batter on the pan. You can pour one big pancake or two little ones (I like two little ones because they cook faster, better, and are easier to flip). After a few minutes the edges will brown and the pancake will start to bubble. Flip that baby and cook the other side for about another 2 minutes.

When your pancakes are ready, scoop a teensy bit of coconut butter onto them (seriously, don't go overboard). You will probably have to heat up your coconut butter and mix it a bit. I noticed the coconut oil separated in my jar and I had to heat and mix it together. Then I mixed together Truvia Baking Blend and cinnamon and sprinkled it on my pancakes.




TA DA! My hanger for cinnamon sugar has vanished. And now I have a new favorite breakfast. Come on down to IFHOP (International Farah House of Pancakes). I'd like to thank my dear friend, Eager Beaver Maria, for the creative name of IFHOP!


No comments:

Post a Comment