Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The good news, the sad news, and a piece of my mind.

Hi everyone!

I know it has been way too long since my last post! This has been a whirlwind of a summer and many things have happened. Let's review:

First of all, the best news. My best friend got married in July and it was the most beautiful wedding! The days and weeks leading up to the wedding were so full of excitement and getting everyone ready, I had no time to blog! Everything was literally perfect and I cried so many times that day, we lost count! I couldn't be happier for my friends Dana and Taylor! I love you both!




But sadly, around the time of Dana's wedding, my grandfather entered the final stages of cancer. For most of July, my family and I spent time being by my grandfather's side. I would leave work and go straight to his apartment to spend time with him, my family, share stories and memories, and look through old family photos. On August 1st, my grandfather, (Papa, as I called him) passed away. Although I had known it was coming, I was still not fully prepared. On the surface, it probably looked like I was handling his passing very well. On the inside, I was screaming. Losing someone you love is never easy and we all grieve differently. I'm still grieving his death. Most days, I forget he's gone, I feel like he's still here. And then it hurts all over again when I realize he's not here. Not physically, at least. When my Nana passed away four years ago, I learned she sends me a butterfly whenever I need her. All of July I looked for the butterflies. I never saw one. The day my grandfather passed away, I was leaving the senior living area in which he had been living in. I walked to my car and as I looked up to unlock it, what do you know? I saw a yellow butterfly. Right above my car. Yellow, Nana's favorite color. FINALLY A BUTTERFLY! All I could do was wail and my sister thought I hurt myself, I wailed so loudly. My sister kept asking, "what's wrong?!" when finally I managed to get out, "it's a butterfly." That's how I knew everything was going to be okay.




Sorry for all the sad news, I just figured I should let you all know where I've been.

More good news though...
I'm OFFICIALLY done with grad school! I'm a little late on the job search because I didn't want to interview or take a new job while my grandfather was so sick, but I've recently started applying and now the waiting game begins.

And even more good news!
Incase you missed it, my story was featured on Tone It Up! You can read it right here!
And if you're on Instagram and want to see my meals, workouts, and want some good ol' inspiration, you can follow me @gabbygettinfit!

I'm getting a larger following now and I'm so grateful! I created my account to help keep myself accountable and to be inspired by others who are doing the same thing. I never expected or wanted any of this. I just wanted to become a better version of me. I know with these things it's easy to think fitness accounts are created for "attention" but I am not about that. Some do that. I don't do that. I don't do "shout outs for shout outs" or "like" your photos that go all the way back to the bowl of oatmeal you ate in December 2012, in hopes that you'll follow me or give me a shout out. If I could have another career on top of the one I already love, it would be in fitness. You cannot judge me, or anyone else, for doing something I love, which is being fit, healthy, and inspiring others and being inspired by the positivity others give back. I am part of a community of women that empower each other, not put each other down. I am part of something special. I would feel lost without the inspiration of the Tone It Up/ fitness community.

Since I've gotten a larger following, and I'm a bit of a perfectionist, I'm currently working on making the switch from Blogger to Wordpress! You will all be reading my blog on a different host soon. I'm working on organizing my blog into different sections for fitness, food, beauty, and lifestyle! I'm so excited to share with all of you!

Let's talk about some more fun things! I'm very sad summer will be ending soon (EVERYONE STOP SAYING IT'S OVER- IT'S NOT OVER!), but I'm also very excited for all things fall! September is wonderful! The weather is warm, but it's perfectly acceptable to put pumpkin spice on everything. I actually picked up some tasty goodies from Whole Foods today that are PUMPKIN FLAVORED! All my suburban girls, lemme hear ya make some NOOOOOOIIISEEEE!!!!! *fog horn goes off*



These pumpkin chips are so savory and delicious! A little bit of salty, a little bit of that pumpkin spice flavor you adore. I am on the hunt for the perfect dip to go with these because this is PERFECT for football season (Go Giants!). And this granola. It really needs no words. I'd prefer a big bowl of this over a venti pumpkin spice latte. Fo. Real. Please get yourself this granola right now.

My goal this fall is to provide you all with more posts, information, and inspiration. Be on the lookout, and let me know if there's anything you want me to talk/write about!

1 comment:

  1. HI Gabby. I'm Alexa. I follow you on Instagram. I connected with you originally because I too am a TIU Nutrition Member. I saw your most recent and decided to take a look at your blog. I wanted to extend my sympathies for your grandfather. I was in a similar situation, a couple of times in my life, and it truly never gets easier. I also read the part where you were transferring your blog over to WordPress, I just recently did that with my blog. It was super easy, if you need any help or have any questions, just contact me. My instagram is @alexataddeo! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete